To ensure that all guest and colleague areas are maintained to a high standard of maintenance and cleanliness, as assigned by the Housekeeping Management Team and in accordance with the Company policies, procedures, and standards as laid out by the management to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
• Reports for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
• Attends the morning briefing at the beginning of the shift.
• Collects the section key against signature and room report from the housekeeping office and returns them at the end of the shift.
• Cleans assigned rooms thoroughly, making the necessary arrangement in guest rooms and replenishing linen and guest supplies.
• Inspects all facilities, furniture and fixtures and reports any damage to the Supervisor for action and follow-up.
• Delivers the clean linen according to the par stock established.
• Clear dirty linens through Linen Chute from the floors.
• Informs Order Taker of any missing/broken items and linen found in rooms.
• Attends to the guest's requests and queries courteously and promptly in the course of duty.
• Delivers flowers to VIP rooms and assist with any other tasks relating to the flower shop.
• Does special general cleaning in guest rooms as per housekeeping daily, weekly and monthly schedule and occupancy level.
• Cleans staircases, corridors, windows and pantries on the assigned floors as and when requested
• Cleans and stores all the equipment in its proper place and keeps pantries well arranged.
• Pays particular attention to busy areas outside of section such as guest elevators inside and outside, ashtrays.
• To provide turndown services as per the hotel standard when assigned for Turndown service.
• Re-stocks the trolley & pantries for the next day.
• Keeps all housekeeping areas clean and tidy.
• Is present and active in the training sessions provided by the hotel.
• Participates in the multi-skilling philosophy of the department.
• Is aware of the company’s Quality Policy, Vision, Mission Statement, Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and ensuring that these are put into practice in our daily work activities.
• Is aware of and understands the Department Performance Plan.
Gloria Hotel is urgently looking for Arabic speaking Reservations Agent:
• The right candidate should have at least a minimum of 1 to 2 years solid experience in the same capacity
• Check all the reservations for the next day arrival and ensure that all the pertinent information regarding the stay and special requests is being fulfilled.
• Follows established procedures to process all room reservations, rates, confirmations, hotel facilities, etc.
• Competitive salary and benefits package awaits the right candidate.
Telephone Operator (Arabic Speaking)
To answer incoming phone calls and efficiently direct phone traffic and provide an exceptional level of service for guest and associates.
General Duties :
• Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls and/or taking messages as necessary.
• Relay and route wrote and verbal messages.
• Place telephone calls or arrange conference calls as instructed.
• Keep records of calls placed and charges incurred.
• Record messages, suggesting rewording for clarity and conciseness.
• Stamp messages with time and date, and file them appropriately.
• To assist guest by providing information and services.
• To dispatch guest request calls, initiating emergency response procedures, and wake up calls.
Assistant Human Resources Manager
To provide Human Resources support at both strategic and operational levels to the Gloria Hotels through interpreting business needs, and together with the Cluster Director of HR developing focused and pragmatic HR solutions which are aligned to the business objectives.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process
• Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
• Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
• Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
Managing Employee Development
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-going training initiatives and conducts training, when appropriate for all HR associates.
• Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
Maintaining Employee Relations
• Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
• Utilizes an "open door" policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
• Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management, and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
• Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files.
• Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.