Front Desk Agent
To be responsible in a smooth check in/out procedures.
To accommodate guests by performing any combination of the duties mentioned below.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide an efficient and friendly check-in according to company directives
• To handle guest requests ensuring that all matters are dealt with efficiently and promptly taking preference over administrative tasks.
• To inform all relevant departments regarding special guest requests
• To be fully aware of hotel room rates, availability, promotions, services and facilities.
• To be fully aware of the hotel's selling status in order to maximize room occupancy, average room rates and additional revenue.
• To act efficiently as a general cashier as detailed in the FO SOP manual.
• To take reservations for accommodation according to company policy.
• To deal efficiently with all tasks delegated by the FOM S.AFOM or AFOM as detailed in the SOP manual
• To be aware of specific daily functions and events as detailed in the forecasts, in order to deal efficiently with guest enquiries.
• To liase with Shift leader and Housekeeping to ensure an efficient supply of rooms
• To ensure that telephones are answered quickly and efficiently following company directives and FO SOP manual
• To accept cash, approved credit cards, travellers cheques and foreign currency following set guide lines and polices laid out in the company directives and FO SOP manual
• To inform guests of the facilities within the hotel. To promote the Food and Beverage outlets to increase internal revenue, provide guests with details on local information and activities as required.
• To operate the safety deposit box system
• To be responsible for the daily ring around sheet when the hotel is forecasted over 80% occupancy
• To carry out a smooth and efficient check-out to encourage return guests
• To be responsible for the clearing of the departure Box
• To print out a list of departures still to check-out liasing with Housekeeping to clear all departures in Fidelio
• To be able to complete all daily tasks laid out in the Reception Check-lists
• To be responsible for a cashiering float in accordance with company procedure and to inform any overage/shortage to the Shift Leader/Duty Manager.
• To know the correct way to upsell creating the opportunity to maximise revenue.
• To keep the Front office management informed of any faults or complaints reported.
• To ensure that all guest and Internal messages are relayed promptly and accurately
• Responsible for the development of a marketing plan.
• Registers and assigns rooms to guests.
• Fills out baggage checks.
• Arranges for room changes if necessary.
• Answers enquiries over the telephone and in person relating to hotel services and the registrations of guests.
• Keeps records of rooms occupied and guests.
• Is responsible for ensuring a “full house” through an hourly count of reservations and rooms available in a sell out period.
• Co-ordinates with housekeeping the room status such as check out, sleep out, rooms found vacant, double beds etc.
• “Blocks” and assigns rooms for special guests.
• Accompanies VIP and special guest to their rooms and explains hotel facilities.
• Is fully familiar with all the hotel’s facilities.
• Provides information on events in town and places of interest.
• Must have an understanding of the reservation departments well as the activities of the concierge.
• Assures a timely handover to the replacing shift and registers all details in the logbook.
• Must operate within the hotels credit policy.
• Carries out any other duties as designated by the hospitality manager.
Chef De Partie
The Chef de Partie is responsible for the creation of high-quality dishes in his role as part of the kitchen team. He is able to work independently and be self-sufficient.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
Familiarizes yourself with the following procedures:
• Hotel fire procedures
• Crisis management system
• First Aid procedures
• Health and safety policy procedures
• Hotel security procedures
• Hotel product knowledge
• Hotel standard manuals
• Hotel environmental procedures
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in, and supervises in the preparation of all soups, vegetables, potatoes, eggs dishes, pastes, Rice Dishes, and Garnishes in accordance with established Recipe cards and methods.
• Checks daily menu and function sheets to ensure appropriate production levels.
• Initiates requisitions to stores based on daily menu, Function Sheets and forecast.
• Ensure that all Kitchen / Room Service & Restaurants Outlets are sufficiently supplied with their requirements.
• Ensure that all dishes are correctly garnished before being sent to the Restaurants or any other outlets for the service.
• Ensures food is correctly prepared by sampling on regular basis.
• Ensures during meal periods that buffet table is kept replenished and attractive for the duration of service.
• Ensures portion control policy/standard plating instruction is adhered to.
• Conducts on job learning events as appropriate.
• Ensures section is kept in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Ensures that all equipment/utensils in the section are correctly handled and maintained.
• Participates in menu planning as appropriate.
• Establishes and maintain effective employee relations.
• Coaches employees in his section the "Clear as you Go" method of working.
• Ensures Hygiene and sanitation Standard are attained in the section.
• Complies with Health and Safety Policy.
• To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
• To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
• To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
• To assist the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
• To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
• To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.Submit Application »
To ensure that all guest and colleague areas are maintained to a high standard of maintenance and cleanliness, as assigned by the Housekeeping Management Team and in accordance with the Company policies, procedures, and standards as laid out by the management to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
• Reports for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
• Attends the morning briefing at the beginning of the shift.
• Collects the section key against signature and room report from the housekeeping office and returns them at the end of the shift.
• Cleans assigned rooms thoroughly, making the necessary arrangement in guest rooms and replenishing linen and guest supplies.
• Inspects all facilities, furniture and fixtures and reports any damage to the Supervisor for action and follow-up.
• Delivers the clean linen according to the par stock established.
• Clear dirty linens through Linen Chute from the floors.
• Informs Order Taker of any missing/broken items and linen found in rooms.
• Attends to the guest's requests and queries courteously and promptly in the course of duty.
• Delivers flowers to VIP rooms and assist with any other tasks relating to the flower shop.
• Does special general cleaning in guest rooms as per housekeeping daily, weekly and monthly schedule and occupancy level.
• Cleans staircases, corridors, windows and pantries on the assigned floors as and when requested
• Cleans and stores all the equipment in its proper place and keeps pantries well arranged.
• Pays particular attention to busy areas outside of section such as guest elevators inside and outside, ashtrays.
• To provide turndown services as per the hotel standard when assigned for Turndown service.
• Re-stocks the trolley & pantries for the next day.
• Keeps all housekeeping areas clean and tidy.
• Is present and active in the training sessions provided by the hotel.
• Participates in the multi-skilling philosophy of the department.
• Is aware of the company’s Quality Policy, Vision, Mission Statement, Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and ensuring that these are put into practice in our daily work activities.
• Is aware of and understands the Department Performance Plan.
Gloria Hotel is urgently looking for Arabic speaking Reservations Agent:
• The right candidate should have at least a minimum of 1 to 2 years solid experience in the same capacity
• Check all the reservations for the next day arrival and ensure that all the pertinent information regarding the stay and special requests is being fulfilled.
• Follows established procedures to process all room reservations, rates, confirmations, hotel facilities, etc.
• Competitive salary and benefits package awaits the right candidate.