Chef De Partie
The Chef de Partie is responsible for the creation of high-quality dishes in his role as part of the kitchen team. He is able to work independently and be self-sufficient.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
Familiarizes yourself with the following procedures:
• Hotel fire procedures
• Crisis management system
• First Aid procedures
• Health and safety policy procedures
• Hotel security procedures
• Hotel product knowledge
• Hotel standard manuals
• Hotel environmental procedures
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in, and supervises in the preparation of all soups, vegetables, potatoes, eggs dishes, pastes, Rice Dishes, and Garnishes in accordance with established Recipe cards and methods.
• Checks daily menu and function sheets to ensure appropriate production levels.
• Initiates requisitions to stores based on daily menu, Function Sheets and forecast.
• Ensure that all Kitchen / Room Service & Restaurants Outlets are sufficiently supplied with their requirements.
• Ensure that all dishes are correctly garnished before being sent to the Restaurants or any other outlets for the service.
• Ensures food is correctly prepared by sampling on regular basis.
• Ensures during meal periods that buffet table is kept replenished and attractive for the duration of service.
• Ensures portion control policy/standard plating instruction is adhered to.
• Conducts on job learning events as appropriate.
• Ensures section is kept in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Ensures that all equipment/utensils in the section are correctly handled and maintained.
• Participates in menu planning as appropriate.
• Establishes and maintain effective employee relations.
• Coaches employees in his section the "Clear as you Go" method of working.
• Ensures Hygiene and sanitation Standard are attained in the section.
• Complies with Health and Safety Policy.
• To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
• To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
• To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
• To assist the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
• To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
• To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.Submit Application »
To ensure that all guest and colleague areas are maintained to a high standard of maintenance and cleanliness, as assigned by the Housekeeping Management Team and in accordance with the Company policies, procedures, and standards as laid out by the management to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
• Reports for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
• Attends the morning briefing at the beginning of the shift.
• Collects the section key against signature and room report from the housekeeping office and returns them at the end of the shift.
• Cleans assigned rooms thoroughly, making the necessary arrangement in guest rooms and replenishing linen and guest supplies.
• Inspects all facilities, furniture and fixtures and reports any damage to the Supervisor for action and follow-up.
• Delivers the clean linen according to the par stock established.
• Clear dirty linens through Linen Chute from the floors.
• Informs Order Taker of any missing/broken items and linen found in rooms.
• Attends to the guest's requests and queries courteously and promptly in the course of duty.
• Delivers flowers to VIP rooms and assist with any other tasks relating to the flower shop.
• Does special general cleaning in guest rooms as per housekeeping daily, weekly and monthly schedule and occupancy level.
• Cleans staircases, corridors, windows and pantries on the assigned floors as and when requested
• Cleans and stores all the equipment in its proper place and keeps pantries well arranged.
• Pays particular attention to busy areas outside of section such as guest elevators inside and outside, ashtrays.
• To provide turndown services as per the hotel standard when assigned for Turndown service.
• Re-stocks the trolley & pantries for the next day.
• Keeps all housekeeping areas clean and tidy.
• Is present and active in the training sessions provided by the hotel.
• Participates in the multi-skilling philosophy of the department.
• Is aware of the company’s Quality Policy, Vision, Mission Statement, Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and ensuring that these are put into practice in our daily work activities.
• Is aware of and understands the Department Performance Plan.
Gloria Hotel is urgently looking for Arabic speaking Reservations Agent:
• The right candidate should have at least a minimum of 1 to 2 years solid experience in the same capacity
• Check all the reservations for the next day arrival and ensure that all the pertinent information regarding the stay and special requests is being fulfilled.
• Follows established procedures to process all room reservations, rates, confirmations, hotel facilities, etc.
• Competitive salary and benefits package awaits the right candidate.
Telephone Operator (Arabic Speaking)
To answer incoming phone calls and efficiently direct phone traffic and provide an exceptional level of service for guest and associates.
General Duties :
• Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls and/or taking messages as necessary.
• Relay and route wrote and verbal messages.
• Place telephone calls or arrange conference calls as instructed.
• Keep records of calls placed and charges incurred.
• Record messages, suggesting rewording for clarity and conciseness.
• Stamp messages with time and date, and file them appropriately.
• To assist guest by providing information and services.
• To dispatch guest request calls, initiating emergency response procedures, and wake up calls.