Kitchen Commis III - Pastry
Reporting directly to the Chef De Partie or his delegate, interacts and cooperates with other members of the section and kitchen as appropriate. Interacts and cooperates with other Departments and other sections of Food & Beverage as appropriate
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Basic preparation and cooking of dessert items
• Receives guest’s order from Chef De Partie and prepare desserts and fruit platters
• Observes and tastes dessert of being cooked, samples all food preparation.
• Control temperature of cooking/baking appliances, cakes, and simple dessert items.
• Cleans and maintain work areas, equipment, and cold rooms.
• Performs duties common to all rank and file and non-supervisory personnel and other duties as may be assigned.
• Bring fruits and daily Market Items from the Receiving Area and arrange in the fridge on first come first out policy.
• Bring daily store requisition items from the Food Store and arrange properly in the Kitchen Dry Store.
• Ensures that food left over at end of service is stored in accordance with established procedures.
• Adopts the "Clear as you Go" method of working.